Name of company
Rupesh Harding Acupuncture
Tel: 07590 480048
British Acupuncture Council
(Why I collect your personal data and what I do with it)
When you supply your personal details to this clinic they are stored and processed for 4 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the Data protection Act 2018, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation - ie the law):
This notice applies to information I collect from:
Visitors to this website who use the contact form
1. I need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and my agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that I would not be able to provide treatment.
2. I have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it I couldn’t do my job effectively and safely.
3. I also think that it is important that I can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with me or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided I have your consent, I may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice, newsletters or other marketing materials. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let me know by any convenient method.
I have an obligation to retain your records for 7 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask me to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, I will retain your records indefinitely in order that I can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see me at some future date.
Your records are stored on paper, in locked filing cabinets, and the premises are always locked. Your phone numbers are also stored in a mobile phone that is password protected.
I will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent.
Only I (Rupesh Harding) will have routine access to your data in order that I can provide you with treatment.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will only be shared:
· with named third parties with your explicit consent;
· with the relevant authority such as the police or a court, if necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject e.g. a court order;
· with your doctor or the police if necessary to protect yours or another person’s life;
· with the police or a local authority for the purpose of safeguarding a child or vulnerable adults;
· with my regulatory body, the British Acupuncture Council, or my insurance company in the event of a complaint or insurance claim being brought against me;
· my solicitor in the event of any investigation or legal proceedings being brought against me.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours I hold, and you can also ask me to correct any factual errors.
Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask me to erase your records.
I want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that I am doing everything I can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that I am mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain.
Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
1 Kings Road
If you are not satisfied with my response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.